Thursday, June 4, 2009

communication is important

Communication is an extremely important skill. Yesterday I talked to one of my senior acquittance. He is a great person and I am a fan of him. For some reason he fired me yesterday. The things he told, most of them were true, but he told them in such a way that created anger and irritation in my mind despite of the genuineness of the person's feelings.

So whenever I have to interact with that person now onwards I will always have a reference of yesterday's conversation which is bad for me. Even by realizing that every person has some strengths and some weaknesses, I feel communication is something that weighs little higher as compared to other qualities/skills. I obviously don't mean that it is 'the' important quality and everybody should have only good communication skills and nothing else. What I mean is even if the intentions for any act are correct, mis-communication might hurt somebody's ego, convey things in a manner that are not the way they are and thus screw up the things.

My learning : communication is as important quality

No comments:

Post a Comment